Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fashion Show

Brinley and I had our fashion debut on Saturday. My sister-in-law owns a maternity and children's clothing store and there was a fashion show this weekend. She needed some pregnant ladies so she asked if Brinley and I would be in the show. So during the week we went to her store and picked out outfits that coordinated and looked cute. The show was supposed to start at 2 on Saturday, which is right at Brinley's nap time. I wasn't too concerned because we were first and then I could leave and put her down for a nap. The event started at 2, but the fashion show part didn't actually get started until almost 3. I was very frustrated! They had us lined up at 2:15 and we had to stand in line for almost 45 minutes. Let's just say that being 8 1/2 months pregnant and trying to deal with a tired 2 year old waiting a line was not the most pleasant experience. On a positive note, Brinley had tons of fun once was actually got to walk down the catwalk. She and I got to walk down twice because I had a couple of different outfits, the second time down she just wanted to stay at the end and spin in circles, she walked so slowly off the stage it was pretty funny. Overall it wasn't a terrible experience, but I think next time I'm this far along I will the opportunity :)

No comments: