Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Angel Food Cake Disaster

My sister Karlee just turned 20 and told her that I would throw her a little party for her friends and roommates to come celebrate her birthday. If you know my sister, you know that she is a great cook. And if you know me, you know that I am not. But I was determined to make a cake for this party. Karlee decided she wanted angel food cake. She thought I was going to make it from scratch and thought it was pretty funny when I bought a boxed cake that you just add water to. I explained that is was still "making" the cake even though I only had to mix it together. So I added the water and mixed it just like the directions said to. I put in the oven, so far so good. About fifteen minutes later I realized that it smelled like it was burning. I opened the oven to find my angel food cake exploding out of the pan and falling all over my stove, onto the heating element. I tried to cut the top off and finish cooking it, but as soon as the knife poked it it imploded. Needless to say I did not use that cake, instead I went to store and bought a pre-made cake. I guess I'm still not the best cook in the world, but I should get points for trying :)

1 comment:

Karlee said...

You definitely get points for trying! I really appreciate the effort. It's the thought that counts!