Friday, April 18, 2008

The Blessings of Tithing

I have always heard people say that the Lord will bless you if you pay your tithing. Well, guess what- they're right. I have been stressing about our finances since I am not going to be working when I have this baby. I have been trying to put as much money into our savings account as possible to cover the extra bills that always come with having a baby. I had not been able to put as much as I would have liked and I have been stressing about it. I was paying bills today and got online to pay our house payment. I was going to make May's house payment when I looked and it said that I didn't have a payment due until June. I figured this must be a mistake so I called the bank and they said that I had been a month ahead for almost a year. I have no idea when an extra payment got made, but it was a huge blessing. I was able to put the entire payment into savings. I feel much better about our financial situation now and I am so grateful for the blessings of tithing! The Lord truly blesses us when we follow his commandments!

No comments: