Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We finally moved in

We finally moved into our new house last weekend. It was pretty hectic and stressful, mostly because the old owners were taking their sweet time getting out and I wanted to get in when they said I would be able to. I have been trying to get unpacked the last few days and my house is starting to look a little better.
A couple of not so good things about moving:
Number 1 a mouse. No one warned me that mice get into your stuff when it is in storage, but they do. A few of my baby blankets got chewed up and a couple of old chair were damaged (I don't really know how badly because I just stuck them in the garage and haven't gotten that far in unpacking yet.) But the worst part about the mice is the live one that ran out of a box when I was unpacking it. Of course, I totally freaked out and ran out of the room screaming. I sent Cory in to kill it but he couldn't find it, so I immediately ran to the store and bought 12 mouse traps which we set mostly in the one room. Cory checked the traps the next morning and we caught it. Yeah! Hopefully, that is the only one in my stuff.
Number 2 we had to make some unexpected purchases. The water heater doesn't work very well, our dryer broke, and the dishwasher isn't draining. So two days after moving in we went and bought three new appliances that we weren't expecting to have to buy. As long as nothing else goes wrong we should be fine.
Overall I love, love, love my new house. It has been so fun getting all my stuff back out and organizing everything. If anyone wants a tour your are welcome to come over and see it :) We don't have internet yet and probably won't for a little while so it may be a while before I post any new stuff.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Congrats!!!! I'm sure it feels nice to have a place to call your own.