Tuesday, February 3, 2009

He took a sippy!!

I have been ready to ween Gabe for a month or two now. Unfortunately, he has not been ready. So last week I decided that I was no longer going to nurse him during the day. I have been pumping and trying to give him breast milk in a sippy cup. So for the last four days he has not been taking it. He just screams and crys every time I try to give him the sippy because he just wants to nurse. This morning I had to work for an hour and when I came home my mom said that he had finally taken the sippy. So I just put him down for a nap and although he wasn't very happy about the sippy he did take it and drank about two ounces. YEAH!! Hopefully eventually I will be able to substitute formula for the breast milk and then I can stop pumping, but for now I will just be happy for that little bit of progress.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay! Small steps forward are better than no steps at all. And I'm sorry for your family's loss.
Have a good one hunny!

Audra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audra said...

Haha so that deleted comment is from me on accident. LOL Anyway, yay for the sippy! Myelle had a bottle from the beginning since we were having such a hard time nursing that I didn't really have to go through that, but we did have a rough time of switching from a bottle to a sippy.